Underwriter - Anaheim
Responsibilities include: Review, analyze and inspect insurance contracts/policies; identify and calculate risk to authorize or deny coverage accordingly. Evaluate applications to accept, reject or modify risks to company standards; underwrite new business and renewal business and process endorsements. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Prior personal lines underwriting experience is desired.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet daily quotas with an acceptable or outstanding error ratio.
- Must be detail oriented with complex problem solving skills; demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills.
- Must be able to type 35 WPM.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Must have good attendance record and be punctual.
- Active listening and good oral/written communication skills.
- A current CA P&C insurance license is preferred.
- Competitive 401k.
- Medical coverage.
- Dental coverage.
- Paid time-off.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Vision care coverage.
- Life insurance.
- P&C licensing fee reimbursement available.