Product Analyst - Anaheim
Who We Are
The McGraw Group of Affiliated Companies is a diverse organization with companies focused on the protection of assets for customers in Insurance and Powersports. Pacific Specialty is a national property and casualty insurance company that operates on an admitted basis in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Through its affiliated general agent, McGraw Insurance Services, Pacific Specialty markets over 25 products and is nationally recognized as one of the leaders in providing both mainstream and specialized insurance markets to independent producers and select business partners. For nearly 40 years, McGraw Powersports & Western Service have been delivering genuine protection for motorcycles, personal watercraft, ATVs and anything else you can ride. A wide array of protection is available including Insurance, Extended Warranty, Pre-Paid Maintenance, Tire & Wheel, GAP and more. We are recognized by AM Best as A Rated and as a Ward’s Group Top 50 company for our excellent financial strength.
- Under general supervision, analyzes assigned product performance to identify issues and opportunities.
- Prepares fundamental analyses of product performance. Provides input in the development of next generation insurance products and recommends resolution to national policy issues affecting the product offering.
- Researches new ideas to improve product offerings.
- Conducts small-scope project work as assigned and performs ad hoc analyses.
- Works independently with guidance and direction from advanced level analysts and management. Participates in discussions with colleagues regarding analysis needs.
- Tests new rating models against existing ones to determine performance of accuracy of prediction, loss ratio improvement and segmentation.
- Retrieves data from various sources and prepares data for analysis. Reviews data for accuracy and revises methods of data retrieval when necessary.
- Prepares basic reports, graphs and charts based on research and analyses.
- Analyzes algorithms using intermediate SAS programming and MS Excel.
- Provides suggestions for process improvements and/or goal changes.
- Develops and designs presentations to show findings of analyses.
- Reviews and discusses analyses with colleagues and managers as necessary.
- Prepares forecasts and identifies trends.
- May attend management meetings to present findings and recommendations.
- Supports projects by applying general knowledge of the business area processes, including best practices.
- Develops spreadsheets and tools for management use.
- Serves as a contact for basic reporting needs/issues regarding various data.
- Participates in the formation of business plans and forecasts.
- Employee characteristics are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an analytical concentration, such as math, statistics, engineering, etc. and at least 2 years of experience in the product development field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate-level skills in MS Excel and MS Access required.
- Knowledge of SAS and/or other statistical software required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Good analytical and critical thinking required.
We offer an excellent compensation package, including a flexible benefits plan with health, dental, vision, life insurance, a paid time off plan, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org