- Types and sources of NPFI we may collect.
- Affiliates and non-affiliates affected by this policy.
- Your privacy options regarding the sharing of any NPFI we collect.
Our Promise to Protect Your Privacy
It is the policy of The McGraw Group and all of its affiliated companies to safeguard all NPFI we obtain from any source about you and our other customers. In accordance with this policy, we promise to:
- Safeguard any NPFI customers share with us.
- Limit the collection and use of our customers’ NPFI.
- Permit only authorized employees and third-party entities, who are trained in the proper handling of our customers’ NPFI, to have access to such information.
- Not reveal any NPFI about any of our customers to non-affiliated third parties. The only exception is for those entities to whom we must release NPFI in order to fulfill a request for services or a product by a customer, or to comply with law, government regulators or a court order.
- Maintain control of our customers’ NPFI. This is accomplished through the use of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
- Attempt to maintain the accuracy of our customers’ NPFI.
- Protect your NPFI, even if you cease to be our customer.
- Never, under any circumstances, sell our customers’ NPFI.
NPFI We Collect
The NPFI we collect about you comes from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on an application or other forms. This may include your name, phone number, home and e-mail addresses, driver’s license number, social security number, marital status and family member information.
- Information about your transactions with us or our affiliates, such as your premium payment history; and
- Information we receive from non-affiliated third parties when authorized by state law. Examples are:
- Your driving record.
- Your claims history.
- Your credit history.
- Home inspection report.
We only use this information to perform a service or provide a product that you have requested.
NPFI We May Share with Affiliates
We only disclose NPFI to affiliates when you request a specific service or product that requires such disclosure, or for marketing purposes to make you aware of other products and services we provide. We do not provide NPFI to any non-affiliated entities for marketing purposes.
Affiliated Entities of The McGraw Group to Whom We May Share NPFI
- Western Service Contract Corporation;
- Pacific Specialty Insurance Company;
- Pacific Specialty Property and Casualty Company;
- The McGraw Company dba McGraw Insurance Services, dba McGraw Specialty Insurance Services, and dba McGraw Commercial Insurance Services;
- Pacific Loan Administrators; and
- Rockridge Finance Corporation.
Non-Affiliated Third Parties to Whom We May Share NPFI
We may obtain or share NPFI with the following non-affiliated third party entities in order to provide a product you have requested:
- Companies that provide information needed to underwrite or otherwise process, perform or provide a service or product that you have requested, but only when authorized by state law. This may include:
- Companies that provide information about your driving record.
- Companies that provide credit history.
- Companies that provide information about your claims history with both affiliated and non-affiliated entities.
- Non-affiliated entities when:
- Permitted by law.
- Required by court order.
- Requested by government regulators for statistical reporting or state/federal compliance matters.
Our Security Procedures
We protect the privacy of your NPFI through a combination of physical, electronic and procedural security safeguards. In total, these safeguards allow only trained and authorized employees and third party entities, such as law enforcement, to have direct access to any NPFI that we collect and maintain about you.
The McGraw Group does not collect any online information about you other than the NPFI you provide us through your producer. IP addresses are never stored on our server and cookies are never sent from our server to the hard drive of any Website user. Our secure server uses a Secure Sockets Layer to safeguard all NPFI received via online quotes and purchases. All NPFI is protected using 128-bit encryption.
Your Privacy Options
As noted in this policy, The McGraw Group does not share your NPFI with any affiliated or non-affiliated entities, except as provided by law or as authorized by you in order to perform a service or provide a product that you have requested. Since there are no marketing agreements or other arrangements in place where we share your NPFI with non-affiliated third party entities, it is not necessary for you to “opt-out” of our sharing your NPFI.
You have the right to review and correct any of your NPFI on file with our company. Should you wish to review this information, please fax our Privacy Coordinator at (650) 780-4848 or write to us at:
The McGraw Group of Affiliated Companies
3601 Haven Avenue
Menlo Park, CA 94025-1064
Thank you for placing your trust and confidence in us.
McGraw Privacy 11/11